Turn to podcasts to get the latest digital marketing strategies for your financial institution.
Podcasts are one the best sources for helping you squeeze your daily bank marketing news and tips into your busy schedule. You can listen to savvy professionals dish on what they know about the industry in an amusing and accessible format, whether in the car, on walks, or even at your desk. But with so many options out there, where do you find the ones that best align with your interests and values, without wasting your valuable time?
We’ve done the research for you and compiled this list of podcasts that will bring you and your institution or team up-to-date (while entertaining you, in most cases). Read on, try a few out, and hopefully find a must-listen podcast that you can tune in to regularly for hot tips and lively discussion of trends in both bank marketing and general digital marketing.
Banks and Credit Unions Hosting their Own Podcasts:
- SouthState Bank (Winter Haven, Florida) brings you “The Community Bank Podcast,” which features weekly in-depth discussions of topics ranging from the future of community banking to what’s behind the runaway success of minor league baseball’s darling team, the Savannah Bananas.
- Summit Credit Union’s “Money Smarts” covers topics ranging from small business entrepreneurship to financial freedom and debt relief. While they don’t make a ton of episodes (the last one came out in summer 2022), their 20- to 40-minute chats are well produced, informative, and very approachable—it’s well worth going through the backlist.
- “Truth in Texas Banking” host LaVonda Renfro discusses the issues of the day from the point of view of Veritex Community Bank in Dallas, Texas. While the conversations can range away from the subject of banking itself, the podcast models the role that a community bank plays within the context of its home city and its people and organizations.
- First Alliance Credit Union’s “Good Money Moves” gives its listeners commonsense financial advice in a friendly, FM-radio talk show format, with a new half-hour episode out weekly. And they get fun with it—a recent episode addresses the question, “What to Do If You Buy a Haunted House”
Podcasts Related to Financial Marketing and Banking:
- Oppenheimer’s “Let’s Talk Future” podcast brings you timely and relevant conversations with the global investment bank’s own experts. As the name suggests, each episode—and they put out about two per month—centers on where a particular part of the economy may be headed (agricultural technology, renewables, stocks in general, etc.). Understand new ways of thinking about the markets, investing, business, and new technologies in brief, well-produced discussions.
- Barret School of Banking’s “Main Street Banking” covers all things related to community banking and has an incredible output—strolling through the podcast’s dozens of back episodes would be a great start on your bank-podcast-listening journey. A recent two-part look back at the year 2022 in banking, with Barret School prof Jimmy Sawyers, is a very listenable entrypoint.
- “The ABA Banking Journal Podcast” comes out weekly with a new 20-minute episode, and the conversations are wide ranging, from preventing grandparent scams to how people make everyday financial decisions. The guests come with deep expertise, often as authors of newly published books.
Additional Podcasts Related to Digital Marketing:
- “Agents of Change Podcast” covers all things digital marketing, from social media to email campaigns, SEO (of course), and even business podcasts themselves! It’s a comprehensive temperature-taking endeavor of the wide field of digital marketing specialties out there now. In a recent ep (“How SEO Informs Your Editorial Calendar”), guest Sarah Panus helps the podcast’s listeners “discover how to use SEO and the FED method to create a year’s worth of valuable blog content.”
- SEO 101 covers SEO—search engine optimization—from the very beginning and in all its nitty gritty technical details, over the course of 442 episodes and counting. Part of the WMR.FM Podcast Network for Digital Marketers, each episode runs between 25 and 45 minutes long and hosts Ross Dunn and John Carcutt keep listeners up to date on all things new in SEO.
- “The Search Engine Journal Show“ is the official podcast of SEO and digital marketing authority Search Engine Journal and puts out as many as five new episodes in a month (though it’s usually biweekly). Host (and SEJ founder) Loren Baker and a rotating guestlist of industry experts cover “SEO, PPC, social media, content marketing, and digital marketing,” with recent example episode being “Current Trends in Email Marketing: Tips & Pitfalls With Jay Schwedelson.”
- “This Old Marketing,” with hosts Joe Pulizzi and Robert Rose, covers “the week of media, marketing, and digital content news” in a slickly produced and enjoyable listening experience. Current events–heavy, with recent eps discussing the turmoil at Twitter and the rise of ChatGPT, Pulizzi and Rose also get down to brass tacks, discussing concepts like “driving diverse revenue streams” and “next-step career moves for content marketing professionals.”
Check Out Our Digital Marketing Resources
Listening to podcasts is a great way to increase your banking and marketing knowhow, even when you’re on the go. But if you’re looking for even more expert knowledge on how to grow your audience and stay up-to-date on the latest financial trends, our website has lots of great advice and additional learning opportunities. After exploring the podcasts on this list, head over to our Resources page for more assets to help you in your digital marketing journey.
Do you know of a podcast that should be on this list? Contact us to and we’ll add it to the list!